[AG-TECH] Avoiding problems - Multicast groups and also unicast bridges

Michael Groufsky michael.groufsky at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Nov 28 00:00:59 CST 2006

No problem.  Yes, these instructions seem to work.  One thing, though,
in step (6):

6) Edit the AG client preferences file
(Windows: c:\documents and settings\<username>\Application Data\AccessGrid3\Config\preferences;
Linux: <home-dir>\.AccessGrid3\Config\preferences)
and change the line starting:
    bridgeServer = http://www.accessgrid.org/registry/peers.txt
to point to your registry url set up in step 1.

I found no 'bridgeServer' preference, but 'bridgeRegistry' instead (FC5
install).  Changing this let me connect without any problems, though.

Michael Groufsky
Assistant Hardware Engineer
HIT Lab NZ