[AG-TECH] AGSchedule Timezone update

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 27 16:19:28 CST 2006

To facilitate the change in Daylight Saving Time rules in the USA next
year.  I have implemented code changes that will affect the cookie set
by AGSchedule.  The effect will be similar to when the changeover for
Daylight Saving Time occurs.

Part of the change will require that all US AGSchedule sites change the
timezone setting for their sites.  Node operators can do this by
clicking the "Edit My Site" link and then clicking the "Edit Site Info"
button.  The Timezone selection list includes options for Eastern,
Central, Mountain and Pacific towards the bottom of the list.  US sites
should select from one of these 4 options at the end of the list.  If
you are in Arizona or Indiana and do not know which timezone to choose,
please contact me.

This will ensure that when users registered with US sites login, their
browser uses the appropriate timezone settings.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

--
Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Video Technology Services
Persistent Infrastructure Directorate
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec