[AG-TECH] BridgeServer

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 30 13:40:07 CDT 2006

Mike Daley wrote:
> I have been running a Bridgeserver and venue server on the same
> machine for a while but it becomes very sluggish.
> I was advised to run the bridgeserver on another machine.
I'd be interested to know the reasons for the sluggishness.  Can you
comment on that?
> From what I can see the config file would stay the same but I cannot
> see the bridge.
> Do I have to configure something in the Venue server to tell it where
> the bridge is.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Mike

I would check these couple things:

- That the hostname of the venue server resolves properly from the
bridge machine.
- If you're bridging an entire venue server, check that the certificate
in use on the bridge
machine is authorized to make the GetVenues call on the venue server.

Let us know if this resolves the problem (It creates a complete record
of the problem and
fix in the mailing list archives.)

Tom