[AG-TECH] some questions related to vrvs and the new accessgrid.org website

Natalia Costas natalia at cesga.es
Tue May 23 12:00:16 CDT 2006

Hi all,

We are thinking about helding some important meetings through the AG
(they were held by means of VRVS). The number of participants is 10 more
or less but i've found a few issues:

- First,  we found some strange behaviour when connecting to
MontecarloVenue, some packet loss between VRVS and AG world,
participants appearing or not on VRVS list of participants... it seemed
not pretty stable. Can anyone tell me about their experience using these
bridges?
- Second, our server is a 2.4 server. And we didnt think about migrating
so soon to AGTK 3.0 (not before evaluating the new version at least). So
we thought about sending the participants the AGTK 2.4 PIG installation
guide (there are 4 room nodes and 4-6 PIGs). But i couldnt find it on
the website (www.accessgrid.org). Why? is migration to AGTK 3.0
compulsory or forced?
- The last point is that searches on the mailing list archive cant be
done any more. Why? it seemed a pretty useful tool to me..

Thanx in advance,
Kind regards,

Natalia Costas Lago
E-mail: natalia at cesga.es

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n (Campus Sur)
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN

Tel: +34  981 56 98 10
Fax: +34  981 59 46 16