[AG-TECH] Autoplace

Breuer, Roman rbreuer at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Mon May 15 03:20:39 CDT 2006

Tom,
I think that the policy autoplace uses is not that, what I want. I don't
know how much work it will be, but the points I don't like are:

1) When you draw the placing area, the resulting placing grid is
computed with respect to the selected window size. When you the select
an other window size the grid is not computed again.

2) The placing grid does not consider the display borders. So windows
are sometimes shown half on one display and half on the other display.
That's not acceptable especially when the displays are surrounded with
frames such as rear projections or SMARTboards.

3) The placing area has to be shown everytime. Even if you close and
reopen autoplace.

That are some points I would like to change. I hope it is OK, that I
will so this. Or are there any restrictions in changing the code? Or are
there already any attempts for those changes?

Regards and good luck for the AG-Retreat2006. Unfortunately I could not
come :(

Roman
Dipl.-Inform. Roman Breuer
Multimedia und Video
Rechen- und Kommunikationszentrum der RWTH Aachen
Seffenter Weg 23

52074 Aachen
Germany

Tel.: +49 (0) 241 / 80 29247