[AG-TECH] Venues Addresses: infrastructural question, CHANGED TO: Bridging Problems

Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it
Sat May 13 11:11:17 CDT 2006

Hello Andrew,
thank you for reply, as always clear and useful to me. The scenario you
prospected to me is right the one I was thinking about as a "workaround"
to the multicast problem. For this reason I first tried to configure a
BridgeServer onto my VenueServer machine, but as far as now I'm still
having some problems.
Here is a description of what's happening.
First of all, the VenueServer runs onto a dual-boot (XP Pro - SUSE 10)
machine, located at an externally visible IP 213.209.222.50. I first tried
to configure server and an experimental bridge for XP, so I created,
following instructions found on AG portal, a BridgeServer.cfg file, with
the following structure:
----------------------------
[BridgeServer]
name = AGserver1
location = ReS
qbexec = c:\programmi\AGtk2.4\bin\QuickBridge.exe
BRIDGESERVER = AGserver
portMin = 40000
portMax = 60000
# VenueServer
[https://213.209.222.50:8000/VenueServer]
type = VenueServer
# Centro Monitoraggio Pazienti
[https://213.209.222.50:8000/Venues/default]
type = Venue

I tried to mutually exclude the bridging of the Venue or that of the
VenueServer. In both cases, however, even if the bridge seems running, it
doesn't do his job: if 2 users connect their client to the bridged venue
they are able to switch to unicast mode choosing the bridge server, but
after that each one can see only audio/video that comes out from his
machine, no audio/video from the other. Is there something misconfigured
into my .cfg?
Second question: i tryed to connect my 2.4 client to the venue:

https://ag2server.ag.manchester.ac.uk/Venues/default

then tried to switch to Unicast, the msgbox for let me choose a bridge
raised up and I selected:

AGSC/Manchester

but after that I got the following error:

"Use Unicast Error"
"Stream Information for selected bridge not found; reverting to previous
selection"

Only some more internal venue allowed me to use unicast with a bridge, but
connecting to it with a fellow of mine who enabled unicast too, we are
unable to get audio/video streams: each one of us seems to be the only
audio/video stream inside the venue.

As always thank you for your support,
Faber B.

owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov scritti il 12/05/2006 13.40.20