[AG-TECH] Service Manager not starting (AG3, Fed5)

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu May 11 20:54:06 CDT 2006

Hi Richard,

>    SocketServer.TCPServer.server_bind(self)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/SocketServer.py", line 341,
> in server_bind
>    self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
>  File "<string>", line 1, in bind
> socket.error: (98, 'Address already in use')
>

> I must admit that I haven't touched Linux before (Unix about a decade ago
> though), so it could be my fault, but I wouldn't know where to start.
>
> Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

You have another process already using the required TCP address/port,
possibly the AG2.4 Service Manager?.

If you do a 'ps -ef | grep python', you'll see the existing python process,
kill any python process that shouldn't be running with a 'kill -9 PID'
(replace PID with the PID number of the process). if it still doesn't work,
reboot the PC.

Cheers,
Doug