[AG-TECH] Gentoo build

Niall Moran niall.moran at ichec.ie
Fri Mar 31 10:56:11 CST 2006

Hi,

The gentoo build seems to be broken alright. I managed to get around
this problem with

export GPT_LOCATION=/usr/lib/gpt-3.1

Then I got more build errors about insecure binaries. I got around these
by adding -static directives to the globus-data-management-client so
that the gpt build lines looked like

 ${GPT_LOCATION}/sbin/gpt-build -verbose -static ${WORKDIR}/${A}
 gcc32pthr
 ${GPT_LOCATION}/sbin/gpt-build -verbose -static ${WORKDIR}/${A}
 gcc32dbgpthr

This involved placing the updated md5sum in the manitfest etc...

Then this installs. But had to manually build these again without the
static flags to get the required libraries in place.

After this the build should work fine. I have this in use as a venue
server where everything works fine. However on a client when trying to
create a proxy cert from anything but an anonymous cert I get a seg
fault. Everything else works fine however.

Hope this helps. Its been a while since I did this so details are a bit
flaky. I can probably dig up some more details instructions if you need
them.

Cheers,

Niall.
 \niall.moran at ichec.ie