[AG-TECH] SC Global '06 - Submissions open March 27th

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Fri Mar 10 14:28:34 CST 2006

Here is a "heads up!" for the AG Communities,

SC Global Submissions will be open very soon - the window for
submissions is short so I want to be sure folks here know about it
now. The AG Community is certainly integral to the success of SC
Global and as such is what makes SCGlobal successful with all of the
ways the community has used the Access Grid in conjuction with other
technologies for collaboration. We've been seeing the results of
those showcased at SCGlobal since it started. For those who don't
know, SCGlobal'06 is about showcasing global collaboration
technologies. The twist this year is the emphasis on the high-end
technologies that enable working collaborations as the main focus for
SCGlobal'06 - any collaborative technology. I encourage those
involved in any successful collaborative technologies/stories, etc.
to submit.

Last year was the first year SC Desktop made it possible to join the
conference and experience many Plenary, Technical, and Masterworks
programs. That will continue this year thanks to inSORS. What's new
this year is that we will time delay re-broadcast these sessions so
that the International community can view them at a time that is more
convenient and those who can't view it during the day view it much
later on this half of the globe.

The site for SC Global'06 is Tampa and submissions will be open very
shortly:

Submissions open on March 27th, 2006.
Submissions are due by April 17th, 2006.
Acceptance Notification is July 1, 2006.
Final Abstracts due July 31, 2006.

I encourage anyone who is involved in collaborative technology to
submit to SC Global'06.

Information: http://sc06.supercomputing.org/conference/scglobal.php
Questions: scglobal at sc06.supercomputing.org

Thanks, John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
SC Global'06 Communications Coord.; e-mail: johnq at lsu.edu; phone: