[AG-TECH] Multiple USB cams with AG3/Win

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Wed Mar 8 11:41:35 CST 2006

	I was noticing the same thing when I was in the venue and was telling
Tom about it. The VIC behavior doesn't appear to be much different than
before.
	My own experiences are in the venue chat on the default VV3 lobby.

	Derek

monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu wrote:
> I just did a similar test on AG 2.4 (did not have a chance
> to try on AG3 yet)with 1 Sony on Hauppauge and 2 QuickCams
> on USBs, on Windows XP. I don't see any difference in the
> frame rates(JSU streams on attached picture).
>
> The deal is, randomly one of the camera starts to display
> for vic when entering a venue, the other 2 vics request a
> selection of the video device. If the Sony camera does not
> display yet, it is easy to select the "Hauppauge WinTV
> Capture" as the video device for the 2nd vic. The problem is
> that it seems there is no way to know which one of the 2
> "Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000" to select in the dropdown menu(
> pic attached)for the 3rd vic. If I am "lucky", I get the one
> that is not in use yet, and life is great. If not, I get a
> runtime error, and the 3rd vic exits.
>
> Any idea to handle this (in AG3)? Any way to tie each camera
> with a specific vic by default on Windows?
>
> -Monika
>

>>The performance problem is likely the usb bus. You might
>>have to switch usb connectors to get a different usb root
>>device to get the best bandwidth, but this is great news
>>for folks with 8 ports ;-)
>>
>>--Ivan

Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana