[AG-TECH] WebCam

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Thu Jun 29 11:42:42 CDT 2006

As an aside, I use the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 also and use DKMS (dynamic kernel module support)
found here: http://freshmeat.net/projects/dkms/

DKMS takes care of automatically building/installing drivers when there are kernel updates.  _Very_
handy.

Basically, on my FC5 box with dkms installed, I just put the pwc driver source into
/usr/src/pwc-10.0.12-rc1/ , create a dkms.conf file with some details (including autoinstall) within
that directory, do a dkms add/build/install and that is it.

Now whenever there is a kernel update, the pwc drivers are automatically build/installed for that
kernel.

This works really well for any system that has kernel modules you have to build.

cheers,

Todd

--
Collaboration & Visualization Technician
WestGrid - www.westgrid.ca
Todd Zimmerman - toddz at sfu.ca