[AG-TECH] Injecting DVD or avi/mpeg4 videos into an AG session

Natalia Costas natalia at cesga.es
Thu Jun 29 03:10:02 CDT 2006

Well, VLC it is a pretty useful program, it can receive a stream from
the network or from a file in several video/audio formats, unicast or
multicast, and it can recast it over multi or unicast (www.videolan.org).

Then:

- The teacher has a laptop with VLC and his/her audio/video files, he
push stop, pause and play buttons. Audio and video is played locally (if
it is necessary, tough he will see the video on the large screen as
well) and recasted to a multicast group on this "presenter laptop" (VLC
can do both tasks at the same time).
- The AG nodes open VLC on the display machine, the audio output of the
display machine is connected to the Clearone XAP, so it can be heard on
the room the audio of the video and the video itself is placed on the
large format screen.

Hope this helps a bit :)))

E-mail: natalia at cesga.es
Tel: 	+34  981 56 98 10 (ext. 237)