[AG-TECH] WebCam

Chris Kendrick (VPAC) kendrick at vpac.org
Tue Jun 27 20:32:27 CDT 2006

Hi Douglas, Piers, All

Thanks for you feedback with regard to webcams on linux.

In the end I went with a "Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000"

The system setup is Fedora Core 5 with AG3 and AG2.4 installed according
to the following tutorial by Jason Bell
http://agcentral.org/help/tutorial/aginstallonfc5/

To get the web cam to work i just downloaded a driver snapshot from
http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/snapshots/pwc-v4l2-20060627-042701.tar.bz2

make
make install
modprobe pwc or cd to the dir with "pwc.ko" and insmod -f ./pwc.ko from
memory

Chris Kendrick
VPAC

To get it to work i just