[AG-TECH] Service Manager Setup in 3.0.1

Chris Rosenthal cmr.evl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 09:43:01 CDT 2006

Hello,

Just this morning I tried a fix from Tom and it worked for me to get my
winnov card working properly with 3.0.1.  Since it seemed to be working, I
wanted to set this machine (winxp) up to be a service manager that just
captures video.  So, I went to the bin and ran the service manager python
script, but I caught an ImportError:

C:\Program Files\AGTk-3\bin>python AGServiceManager3.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "AGServiceManager3.py", line 19, in ?
    from AccessGrid.Toolkit import Service, MissingDependencyError
ImportError: cannot import name MissingDependencyError

I checked Toolkit.py in C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid3\AccessGrid
and found the class in line 31

class MissingDependencyError(Exception): pass

So, the class is just a NO-OP?  Can some one shed some light on this?  Also,
perhaps I am supposed to be starting the service manager in an entirely
different way?  I also did...

C:\Program Files\AGTk-3\bin>AGServiceManager3.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\AGTk-3\bin\AGServiceManager3.py", line 19, in ?
    from AccessGrid.Toolkit import Service, MissingDependencyError
ImportError: cannot import name MissingDependencyError

... which caught the same error and...

C:\Program Files\AGTk-3\bin>start AGServiceManager3.py

... which spawned a new python command window that flashed quickly and died.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Rosenthal