[AG-TECH] WebCam

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 04:23:53 CDT 2006

Hi Doug,

The UCL version of vic already supports V4l2 see:
https://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mbone/mmedia/wiki/VicDownload
https://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mbone/mmedia/browser/vic/trunk/video/grabber-v4l2.cpp

There are still a number of drivers in the kernel (including some for
webcams) that are still video4linux version one only - Now all video
capture devices are listed as /dev/video - one has to open the devices
and see which ones can be opened with V4L1 or V4L2 - thus the UCL
version compiles both drivers.

We are in the process having the AG features ported into the UCL
version of vic - either by ANL or by UCL, we also plan to integrate
work from NCHC vic - under our SUMOVER project - as mentioned by me at
the recent AG retreat.

We would welcome any developer work on vic - we are keen to bring on
board any active developers and potentially provide commit access to
the SVN repository.

Thanks,

Piers O'Hanlon
------