[AG-TECH] Osprey-440

S.Booth spb at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jun 5 06:07:34 CDT 2006

Has anyone any experience of using the osprey-440 quad PCI-X quad capture
card. We are just building a new single node system using one of these.

The good news is that vic recognised the 4 streams without a problem but
the bad news is it has a tendancy to crash the machine when starting 4
videoproducer services at the same time (its usually fine if you enable
the services manually one at a time).

I'm currently supecting a thread safety issue in the windows card driver
(we are using a dual opteron system but a 32-bit version of XP)

 			Stephen