[AG-TECH] Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:12:18 -0500

Joseph Stone stone004 at umn.edu
Fri Jul 21 06:12:32 CDT 2006

I think I promised Tom that I'd get this into bugtrack and will need to
figure out how to do that (probably have to learn how to spell it, too).

RAT does a nice job of sending out packets on all udp ports that need
to be
opened for inbound traffic.  Many of the firewalls we deal with do a
nice
job of supporting two way audio as a result.

Vic isn't so nice.  It seems to send out udp packets on one of the
essential
ports (outbound video works) but doesn't send packets on the other port
(n+1
: the one for incoming video streams) so those participants with
firewalls
(that worked for RAT) are seen but can't see.

Did I understand that there was a version of vic written to overcome
this
and that it could be copied into the appropriate place in AGTK 2.4
installations.

Joseph Stone
Senior Informatics Manager
Family Medicine Community Health, Medical School, Univ. of Minnesota
Suite 220 Dinnaken
925 Delaware St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414

(612) 624-3192