[AG-TECH] AG and NAT traversing...

Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it
Thu Jul 13 02:52:14 CDT 2006

Hi all,
looking at the "AG 2006 Retreat" documentation I found some documents
talking about NAT/firewall traversing, UDP tunnelling and so on. I tried
to figure out if some information  they contained could be useful to solve
our problems.
Our network infrastructure is going to be re-implemented, however, as far
as now, our network is "sliced" in two subnets: one uses IPs on the
172.17.246.xxx ranges, the other 192.168.2.xxx ranges. The UDP traffic
between the two "slices" is cutted off, so a VenueServer placed in the
172.17.246.xxx one allows multicast connection for users in the same range
(as well as would do a VenueServer in the 192.168.2.xxx one for users in
its same "slice") but audio/video streams for users connected to it, who
are placed into the 192.168.2.xxx slice, cannot reach the ones into the
172.17.246.xxx slice (and vice-versa).
A second problem arises when connecting to a VenueServer placed onto an
external network  via a unicast-bridge, because our network resided behind
a NAT/firewall, which is known, prevents the right working of the AG
quickbridge.
I would be gratefull if someone could give me some more information about
how solving the problem of communication between the two slices (while
waiting for re-implementation) and about some tool for overcoming the
NAT/firewall limitation of the AG quickbridge: we also tried the "AG
connector" but seems not working.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Faber B.