[AG-TECH] System options

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Jan 31 16:15:36 CST 2006

I have been tasked to build a new portable AG node for another University.
I want to do it right this time and rackmount everthing that I can in a
12U rack with wheels. I've done some initial searching for 3U and 4U
machines from Dell and Monarch and they consider 3U or 4U a "server" and
ramp up the price considerably. Also, the motherboards in these machines
maybe have 2 PCI slots. For future expansion we need at last 4 capture
cards. Would a 4 port capture card work with Linux?

Are there any other sites with racked AG nodes? From whom did you buy your
computer from?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu