[AG-TECH] Phone Bridging Options

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Thu Jan 12 16:38:35 CST 2006

Hey all,

Just wondering what reasonably priced solutions are available for bridging phone into AG conferences.

Currently we are using the Gentner phone interface, but we are looking for a 'standalone' solution
that doesn't necessarily require using an entire AG node for bridging in audio.  Plus, needing a $5k
Gentner unit to bridge a telephone seems a little excessive.

I'm thinking of perhaps using a cheap/old computer with a modem and just choosing the modem as the
input/output devices of Rat as a possibility.

Anyone tried this?  Anyone have any other simple/cheap solutions?

Thanks!

Todd

--
Collaboration & Visualization Technician
WestGrid - www.westgrid.ca
Todd Zimmerman - toddz at sfu.ca