[AG-TECH] AccessGrid on PDA devices

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 12:33:12 CST 2006

Hi Faber,

As Rick mentions VIC and RAT have been running on handheld ARM devices
running Familar Linux for a while now. Incidentally we didn't have as
much problem with Audio latency on RAT running on the handhelds. We've
run both VIC (with capture) and RAT on a 206MHz iPaq over WLAN
(802.11b).

One alternative migh be to consider JMF - though since Sun don't seem
to be supporting it that much these days your milage may vary:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=238274&start=15

If you want RTP based audio decode then there's a few tools out there
that do SIP (with RTP audio) - which you could probably persuade to
talk to the AG via a gateway, or by sending an appropriately crafted
SIP INVITE to it....e.g:
http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP+Phones

Piers.