[AG-TECH] thanks to myk and NCSA folks

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 16 09:54:05 CST 2006

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Mike Miller and the network
folks at NCSA for all of their efforts in identifying and solving the
problems with the unicast bridge they run against their public venues.  The
public venue server and associated bridges that NCSA provides to the Access
Grid community are invaluable for many of the large and small events that
occur. For many participants who work in extremely restrictive environments
behind firewalls, we have come to depend on the public servers. I know that
from at least my perspective, we would have been unable to participate in
many of the highly visible and important events that have taken place over
the past few years if it were not for the services provided by
NCSA.  Taking the time to track down and fix network issues is frustrating,
but we all realize how important this task is.  So a huge thanks goes out
to the folks at NCSA for putting forth the effort and making such a
tremendous contribution to the Access Grid community!

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544