[AG-TECH] Firewall Ports and Test Venues

Jim Summers jsummers at cs.ou.edu
Fri Feb 10 08:31:49 CST 2006

Hello List,

I have been working on getting the VenueClient working on our linux
systems here.

Yesterday I was accessing the "Test Room" during the 10-11CST test time.
  With the windows client I was able to connect, get video(vic), and
audio(rat).  From my linux client, I was able to connect, get video, but
no audio.  At one point I shutdown iptables and rat popped up.

Which then led me to believe that certain ports need to be opened up to
allow all of the services to work.   Then it seemed the test period
ended before I could crank up ethereal or tcpdump.

I have searched through the docs and either overlooked the port numbers
or am simply overlooking the correct docs.

Are there specific ports I should allow in for AG services?

Does anyone know of other venues I could test against, that may be
active more frequently than once a week?  Unfortunately I need one that
will be accessible by unicast.

All AccessGrid tools are 2.4-4.

Many Thanks,
--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma