[AG-TECH] AccessGrid and Polycom

Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it
Thu Feb 2 06:06:37 CST 2006

Hello,
I'm wondering about the possibility to configure and use a "Polycom
ViaVideo II" as VideoProducer Service of a Node, running on a Windows XP
SP1 machine. I connected it to my PC, but when I start the "Manage my
node" utility there's no chance to see it in the list of the usable
videocamera devices: I just can see the "Microsoft WDM Image Capture
(Win32)" option, which I usually used when I previously connected a
"Phillip Toucam" instead of the ViaVideo.
I also tried to connect the AG client to the standard server lobby with
the Viavideo switched on, but vic.exe crashes reporting the following
error boxes: "capDriverConnect: dev=0 failed - 0", then "capGetDriverCaps:
failed - 0", finally "capGetVideoFormat: failed - 0", then ends asking if
I am willing to report the error to Microsoft.
The ViaVideo is correctly installed and working, as I can use it with the
"Polycom PVX" conference software, but I have no clue on how to configure
it in order to allow to the "Node Manager" and the "AG client" to set and
use it.
Any suggestion please?
Thank you in advance,
Faber