[AG-TECH] DV/Composite Converter Boxes

Kingdon Barrett kingdon at tuesdaystudios.com
Wed Dec 20 14:37:35 CST 2006

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with standalone
analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog converter boxes that they would like
to share?

In particular I'm looking at the Pinnacle Studio Plus 700USB.  If I read the
specifications correctly, these boxes will take as input either a DV or RCA
video source, and produce as output a DV, USB2.0, and RCA video source.
This should allow for deployment of nodes with a single arbitrary camcorder
device, while supporting both ExtendedVideoServices and plain old
H.261vic.  At the moment I'm working with a Sony camera that supports
simultaneous USB streaming and standard DV output to do just that.

Has anyone tried a similar setup?  Do these devices add much extra latency?
Any other questions I should be asking?

--
Kingdon Barrett <kingdon at tuesdaystudios.com>
Tuesday Studios Main Office: 585-239-6035
Jabber ID: kingdon.barrett at xmpp.us