[AG-TECH] RAT in Fedora Core5

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Dec 4 07:30:08 CST 2006

Hi Mike,

> We are having problems with RAT under Fedora 5
> On a fresh install it will only pick up the original OSS Driver.
> We have SBLive Alsa drivers loaded which the system believes its using.
> But RAT ignores them.
> Any suggestions. Is there a flag in the config file we can set?

On FC5, AG rat would be using the ALSA OSS compatibility layer. The
experimental native ALSA support wasn't compiled in as the input audio
would sound robotic at the remote sites.

You could try the AG rat RPM from FC6 which includes native ALSA support
(it no longer sounds robotic either) and can be obtained from:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/fedora/6/i386/

Doug