[AG-TECH] Problems with Access Grid 2.4 client

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 25 08:31:51 CDT 2006

I've seen this if the resolution is set to 640X480 or the encoding is
set to something other than H.261.  Also, choosing the 352X288
resolution will get rid of the unsightly grey area around the image that
you see when the resolution is set to 320X240.

hope this helps

myk

Andrew A Rowley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is usually resolved by running vic from the command line by going to:
>
> c:\documents and settings\<username>\Application Data\AccessGrid\local_services\VideoProducerSercice
>
> and running:
>
> vic 127.0.0.1/12344
>
> You can then go to "Menu", select your Device from the "Device..." menu, and then select "Configure on transmit" from the "Options..." menu.  You can then click on the "Transmit" check box.  You should then get options to configure your camera.  You should set the resolution to something like 320x240.  This should then not crash.
>
> Andrew :)

> Access Grid Support Centre,
> RSS Group,
> Manchester Computing,
> Kilburn Building,
> University of Manchester,
> Oxford Road,
> Manchester,
> M13 9PL,
> UK
> Tel: +44(0)161-275 0685
> Email: Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Video Technology Services
Persistent Infrastructure Directorate
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec