[AG-TECH] Grid capabilities

Natalia Costas natalia at cesga.es
Wed Aug 16 06:37:41 CDT 2006

Hi everybody,

I am writing an spanish article about AccessGrid and I would like to
know a little bit more about grid capabilities if there are any.
I have read recently and it seems that globus toolkit is not used
anymore in AGTK 3.0. Is that right?
I was expecting the addition of new grid capabilities to AG. It seemed
pretty easy in AGTK 2.x as globus was a part of it, but not in AGTK 3.x
(i should reckon I know very little about this last version tough).
Maybe grid computing is not considered in the future developments of AGTK?

How data transfer/storage and security/certificates are handled?
What about job submission?
Is there any documentation available relating these issues?

I've heard about the development of a shared application to provide with
grid functionalities, but i wasnt able to find some more information.

Thanx in advance,
Best regards,

Natalia Costas Lago
Técnico de Comunicaciones - Dpto. de Comunicaciones

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n (Campus Sur)
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN

E-mail: natalia at cesga.es
Tel: 	+34  981 56 98 10 (ext. 237)