[AG-TECH] Error Launching AG2.4

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 10 08:56:26 CDT 2006

Hi Chris,

> The very first thing I did when AG2.4 failed to launch was "yum remove
> compat-AccessGrid" then "yum install compat-AccessGrid" why did
> compat-AccessGrid not complain about failed dependencies?  when the
> following is what fixed the situation.

If you had of used the wxPython RPMs from Fedora Extras 4, rather than the
RPMs from www.wxpython.org, then a yum update would have updated to the the
newer Fedora Extras 5 RPMs.

compat-AccessGrid-2.4 just has a dependency on "wxPython", it doesn't care
what RPM provides that dependency or if an installed RPM has broken
dependencies (as already installed RPMs are expected to have satisfied
dependencies).

> rpm -e wxPython-common-gtk2-ansi wxPython2.6-gtk2-ansi
> wxPython2.6-devel-gtk2-ansi compat-AccessGrid

The above RPMs don't appear from Fedora Extras 4.

Cheers,
Doug