[AG-TECH] AG2 on MacOS X: Presentation tools

Nigel Gilbert n.gilbert at surrey.ac.uk
Mon Aug 7 04:59:14 CDT 2006

I have loaded Desktop AG2.4 on my Mac G5, under MacOSX 10.4.7, and RAT and
VIC work as expected.  I now want to make a presentation (in Powerpoint)
available.  I am told that once I am in a suitable venue, I should be able
to right click on 'Application Sessions' and find a menu item 'Add Shared
presentation' - and is there such an item in the menu when using a full node
set up.  But when I do this on my Mac, I see only "Add Shared Question
Tool".  Is the Shared Presentation feature not implemented on the MacOS X
AG2 version, or am I doing something wrong?

I then tried to launch ScreenStreamer from

http://www.memetic-vre.net/software/ScreenStreamer/ScreenStreamer.php

but got only the Java Web Start error alert:

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Category: Launch File Error

No application resources are specified for this platform. Please, contact
the vendor of the application to make sure that this is a supported
platform.

Should this work on MacOS X?  What 'application resources' are required and
where do I obtain them?

Thanks.

Nigel