[AG-TECH] RE: AGVCR

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 27 11:29:57 CDT 2006

	To further the investigation, I have found that AGVCR doesn't actually
crash or hang at all, at least not in of itself. By enabling the telnet
mode, I was able to telnet to it even though the window was 'not
responding'. It was still receiving and recording to disk just fine.
Issuing a command 'help' actually got things 'unstuck' on the GUI side,
so that may be a work around until I can track down what's happening. It
seems to be again something to do with the GTK stuff though and not
actually anything with the underlying AGVCR operations themselves.
	This may have been why upgrading GTK made some slight difference to the
frequency of the apparent 'hangs'.
	An update to AGVCR Launcher (0.4) allows you to enable the 'remote
control' mode from the Venue Client.

http://iri.informatics.indiana.edu/~dcpiper/agvcr/

	If anyone has had anything similar happen with GTK apps, let me know.

	Derek