[AG-TECH] PYTHONPATH and AGTK_LOCATION

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 19 20:27:21 CDT 2006

Hi Michael,

>I have a question concerning the two environment variables used by
>env-init.bat in the CVS checkout for AccessGrid.
> Are they only required for Windows-User or are they also in use under
> Linux?
> Is it only necessary to specify them on development machines or is a
> installer package also creating them when AccessGrid is installed?
> I assume the later, as I can only find them on my development machine.

Regarding the installer packages on Fedora, for the compat-AccessGrid-2.4
package, I patch each of the AGTk scripts under /usr/bin to set PYTHONPATH,
but don't do it for AccessGrid-3.0 beta2. I think the packages for other
linux distributions do the opposite, i.e set PYTHONPATH for AGTk3, but not
AGTk 2.4 scripts.

Setting AGTK_LOCATION changes where the AGTk should look for /etc/AccessGrid
with AG2.x (or /etc/AccessGrid3 for AG3) instead and isn't necessary with
the installer packages.

Doug