[AG-TECH] Doorbell for the grid?

Matthew Rendell matthew.rendell at flinders.edu.au
Wed Apr 12 17:44:12 CDT 2006

Here is my post about this subject to AGCentral.org a while back

I have been asked by some academics if it is possible to either through
hardware/electronics or through software to find out some way of showing
them onscreen (or with a light in the room) that the "talk" is active..
(similar to a "doorbell" type thing).  We run our AG via several
computers and if I am on the display machine or the video machine I have
to switch back to the audio computer to see if the "talk" is active or
not..

Is there any way that on the display of our own streams, that in the
title bar at the top, that someone might be clever enough to code in
some sort of way to show the "talk" is on..

My thought was to change the titlebar text to red, showing that it is
"talk" active

I dont have any sort of coding skills in this area and dont really know
how much it would involve..

does anyone have any thoughts on doing this or something with a red
"recording" light in the room??

I think AGDevicecontrol may allow some clever clogs to code up something
to trigger by serial a doorbell or strobelight

Thanks

Matt R

--

/Matt Rendell/
Access Grid Operator  - Technical Theatre Support

Flinders University, Adelaide SA

Phone: 08 8201 5728

matthew.rendell at flinders.edu.au <mailto:matthew.rendell at flinders.edu.au>

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, *Mythbusters*