[AG-TECH] Doorbell for the grid?

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 12 09:31:39 CDT 2006

It'd be  interesting to couple a standard (but non-annoying tone, or
chime) with the little red light that can plug in via usb I got a
couple of years ago (Tom has it now ask him about it :-).

Then you could ring/ping/tap whatever and it'd play the chime and
blink the light as a cue someone was remotely trying to get your
attention.

In general this visual cue would be useful for other things like
question and answer during lectures, visual indication of network
problems for a speaker, or other things...

--Ivan