[AG-TECH] SC 05 Desktop FAQ

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Thu Sep 29 14:07:15 CDT 2005

Since some questions have been asked about the scope of the SC Desktop
offering for SC 2005 this November, we've put together the following.

What is SC Desktop?

  Put simply, the ability to attend the technical program (and more) of SC
  2005 from your desktop.

What will I be able to see?

  (Refer http://sc05.supercomputing.org/schedule/schedule.php
  for descriptions of the following)

  o Plenary Talks
  o Cray/Fernbach Memorial Award Talks
  o All 4 Technical Paper Tracks
  o 1 Masterwork Track (TBD)
  o 1 Exhibitor Forum Track (TBD)

  In addition, you will have access to the Conference Keynote and
  the events in the SC Global Showcase.

What do I need to participate?

  A resonably current machine, running Windows 2000/XP or Linux.
  The registration fee includes a limited license for and training on
  the inSors client software (for Windows 2000/XP).

  Windows and Linux users can also use the AG Toolkit (2.3 or higher).

  For further details, see:

  http://sc05.supercomputing.org/programs/sc_global_desktop.php

OK - this sounds pretty cool, how much does it cost?

  Member (ACM/IEEE)       $60
  Non-Member              $75
  Student                 $15

How do I register?

  Registration is through the normal registration process:

  https://reg.jspargo.com/sc2005/reg/

What's the deadline?

  October 15th.  No registrations will be accepted after this date.
  This is due to the training and testing period required before the
event.

Who do I contact if I have further questions?

  Send a note to: sc05desktop at redwood.rt.cs.boeing.com