[AG-TECH] amplifier and xap800 software question.

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 26 16:15:23 CDT 2005

On Sep 26, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Pritesh Shah wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have the gentner (clearone) xap800 and i had two questions
> pertaining to that:
>
> 1) Is anybody out there controlling gentner using a linux/unix machine
> ? Actually i want to find out if there's any way (any software)
> available through which i can control the xap800 using a unix machine.
> (instead of using g-ware software provided for windows.)

At one point the AG folks in Juelich had built a tcl/tk interface to
the Gentner; I don't know the status of that. It was for the AP series.

> 2) Is there a set of recommended Amplifers that one can use with
> xap800 ? Or can anybody advice according to their own experience of
> what amplifiers would be good ??

I've always liked the Genelec powered monitors. They're a little
pricy, but hugely capable and sound great. (We've done demo setups in
large hotel ballrooms fed easily by a pair of them).

--bob