[AG-TECH] AG certificate and acct.

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 26 11:11:57 CDT 2005

Hi Dan,
If you remember your password, your certificate is on the computer where
you requested it.  If you start the VenueClient there, you should see it
when you select "Preferences, Certficate Management...".  If you need to
use the certificate on another computer, you can export it into files
that you can then copy elsewhere.

If you don't remember the password, you can request another certificate
with the same name to get a new password.

Whenever you need a new certificate right away, requesting an
"Anonymous" certificate (instead of "identity" certificate) is the
fastest way to get a certificate and use the AccessGrid. You only need
an identity certificate if your certificate name is being used to let
you enter meetings or your institution expects you to use one.

Where to request a certificate:
I suspect you're using windows XP, so: from the Start Menu -> All
Applications, there is an "Access Grid" entry.  Select "Request a New
Certificate" from the menu.  Linux and Mac have similar menus.
Requesting a certificate is also an option in the main "VenueClient"
application, under the "Preferences" menu.

After hitting "Next", you may select "Anonymous" if you need a
certificate immediately or don't plan to have secure meetings.

If your Access Grid node has multiple computers you'll need to repeat
this process on the other computer(s), or export your certificate to a
file, copy it to the other computer(s), and import it there.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Eric