[AG-TECH] AGConnector

Dean W. Nobles nobles at tacc.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 13 08:48:38 CDT 2005

> I've restarted the UMTP server now.  You're right that it's not
supported, > but I'd like to keep it up.  Thanks for letting us know
that it had gone > > down.

Thanks, Tom.  The server is up again.  There are a couple of reasons
that I like using the AGConnector.  First, it seems (to me) to provide
better connectivity than when I'm attempting a unicast connection; I
seem to get a more complete representation of those in a venue.  When
using unicast, I notice more 'one way' issues.  We almost always use
multicast, but when working from offices or endpoints that don't have
multicast capability, it seems a better solution than the unicast
bridges.  The second thing that I like about AGconnector is that it,
vic, and VP play well together, whereas with a unicast connection, VP is
not an option for me if I'll also need vic.

Thanks again.

--dean