[AG-TECH]Video cards

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Sep 1 04:21:33 CDT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, John Langkals wrote:

> Hello Fred, Chris, and AG-Tech,
>
> Have you heard of anyone successfully using two NVIDIA multi-monitor cards
> such as GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 PCI-Express or NVIDIA Quadro NVS 400
> Graphics Cards?  On the other hand, are there any recommendations besides
> Matrox video cards for requirements of a three video card connection, two
> projectors(PCI)/one control monitor(AGP)running under FC4 or WinXP node?
>
> Thank you very much for all your help,

This hasn't got past the testing phase yet, but we've got a twin GeForce 6600
PCIe machine running four outputs and it works nicely (currently under
Fedora Core 4).  We're using a relatively cheap motherboard that gives us two
8x PCIe connections for the cards, which should be oodles of bandwidth.  If
you've got more money lying around (and don't need PCI slots) then there's a
few NforcePro based boards that support two 16x slots (and dual processor).

jh

--
"Good Christian people who wouldn't dream of misbehaving will not catch Aids.
  My message to the businessmen of this country when they go abroad on business