[AG-TECH] Greyed Vic Windows

Many Ayromlou mayromlo at ryerson.ca
Wed Oct 26 10:00:23 CDT 2005

Hi Todd,

I would check his graphics card. Does it support hardware overlays. I
think that's needed for VIC and if you don't have it you get blank
windows. I had a problem similar to this on a machine with a built in
card and a quad G200 PCI. The quad card needed a certain driver
version otherwise it didn't support the vic overlay calls and I would
end up with blank video windows. In my case also, if I moved the
tiled VIC window around and went over the boundry of the built-in
card and the G200 it would do the same thing (greyed rectangles
instead of the video thumbnails).

I would check to see if the card has support and also check on the
driver version.

TTYL
Many