[AG-TECH] Node Service Fails

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 20 20:22:09 CDT 2005

On 21/10/2005, at 8:57 AM, Gregory Browning wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>      I am having a problem that is driving me crazy.  Here is my
> setup:
>
>  3 machines, 1 windows xp (display), 2 Fedora core 3 (video and
> audio) running AGTK 2.3.
>  Ok, We have had this setup for about a year now and everything has
> worked ok until a month ago.
>  Here is what I do to start my access grid.
>
> Start agservicemanager.py on the video machine. (starts no problem)
> Start agservicemanager.py on the audio machine. (starts no problem)
>
> Start the node service on the display machine. (errors out)
>

> Here is the error:
[snip]
> Exception: Failed to load default configuration <FINAL1>

Greg,

There should be a file:
     C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data
\AccessGrid\Config\nodeConfig\defaultWindows

Check that its there and readable (its just a text file). It may have
become corrupted or lost.

If necessary, you could copy it there manually from its original
location at:
     C:\Program Files\AGTk-2.3\config\nodeConfig\defaultWindows
(which would result in loss of any prior configuration you had set up)

chris

Christoph Willing                           +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland