[AG-TECH] High packet loss audio

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:49:52 CDT 2005

	Hi John,

	What version of RAT are you using? I've had no problems enabling
redundant transmission on Linux or Windows. I've done so a number of
times to help with bad networks. I'm using the bundled versions of RAT
with AG 2.3, and now 2.4 under Windows.
	For those that haven't tried it: In RAT's options, select the
'Transmission' page, and click 'Redundancy' and 1 for packet offset. Hit
apply and your transmission rate will double. It's worth noting here
that the option to transmit redundant audio is not 'sticky' for when RAT
is reloaded. Even though the 'redundancy' option is still selected, it
needs to be applied yet again in order for it to work.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics