[AG-TECH] Strange behavior with bridge

Paul Mercer mercer at arsc.edu
Thu Oct 13 15:10:16 CDT 2005

All
I just set up a unicast bridge on a FC4 box pointed at my venue server.
Bridge and Server are on separate machines.

Server works great and others are able to connect via multicast just fine.
Encryption is off. Uses static ips for the venues.

If someone tries to connect via the bridge the only video/audio they
see is their own...until

I open VenueManager.py on the server, highlight the venue that we are
using, click "Modify" and then "OK" on the window that appears, not
changing anything...the user that is using unicast will see that
their vic and rat restarts, automatically, and then they will be able
to see/hear the other sites via the bridge.   Other sites that are in
the venue at this time when I "toggle" the server, wether on
Multicast or Unicast, will not see any change and their vic/rat will
not restart.

Each time a new user wants to use the bridge I have to do the same
thing to the venue manager so they can see/hear all.

I have verified this behavior with three other sites trying to use
our bridge.  I even verified it with another venue server and his
bridge.

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on?  If you need any more
information please ask.

Here is my BridgeServer.cfg

[BridgeServer]
name =  ARSC
location = Fairbanks
qbexec = /usr/bin/QuickBridge
BRIDGESERVER = ARSC
portMin =  20000
portMax = 40000

#any number of Venue and/or VenueServer entries in the following format
#[https://myvenueserver:myport/Venues/000...]

#Entire Server
[https://agserver.arsc.edu:8000/VenueServer]
type = VenueServer