[AG-TECH] amplifier and xap800 software question.

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Tue Oct 4 13:44:56 CDT 2005

See below:

On Sep 26, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Pritesh Shah wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have the gentner (clearone) xap800 and i had two questions
> pertaining to that:
>
> 1) Is anybody out there controlling gentner using a linux/unix machine
> ? Actually i want to find out if there's any way (any software)
> available through which i can control the xap800 using a unix machine.
> (instead of using g-ware software provided for windows.)

I know it is certainly possible with just a terminal application  if
you know the commands  - which i believe are in the manual. Of course
then all the feedback will be text based.... but yes, certainly
possible. When troubleshooting a unit a ClearOne tech had me
interface via terminal to test the unit and everything you can do
this way - including seeing the meter information, etc (all in text
of course). Might be easier to configure it (i.e. nail down the audio
via the windows G-Ware software) and then via terminal program just
maintain/adjust as needed....

> 2) Is there a set of recommended Amplifers that one can use with
> xap800 ? Or can anybody advice according to their own experience of
> what amplifiers would be good ??

I prefer the Genelec monitor speakers myself...

-John Q.

--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
Computer Manager LBRN; 131 Life Sciences Bldg.