[AG-TECH] Wireless Multicast in Access Grid?

John Shalf jshalf at lbl.gov
Sun Nov 20 22:53:06 CST 2005

Unfortunately many wireless hubs intentionally block multicast
because of the potential to completely swamp the connection with
mcast traffic.  We ran into similar issues with a robot that used
802.11 to connect itself to the AG. The solution was to depend on a
unicast bridge to connect into the AG and ensure that the AG traffic
was isolated enough that it would not swamp the meager bandwidth of
the wireless interface.

-john