[AG-TECH] blind beacon

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 10:08:38 CST 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Ramon Newton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to fix a blind beacon? It seem like it is
> reporting to the beacon server correctly but it is not seen or heard by
> anyone.

We had a problem running one of the older java based beacons whereby a new JVM
set the TTL to 1, so the packet was dropped by the first router.  Switching
back to 1.3.1 (I kid you not) for the beacon fixed it.

tcpdump is your friend.

jh

--
"Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not."
                                                      -- Nietzsche