[AG-TECH] summer seminars, workshops, etc

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Mon May 23 15:43:53 CDT 2005

Hi everyone,

As the Access Grid starts getting used for distance learning and education,
it would be really nice to have some sort of central location to learn what
is available for the general AG community to participate in....
We have lots of summer students here, and I thought it would be very
interesting for them to attend some of the great workshops, seminars, and
classes that are being offered over the grid.....but it is extremely
tedious to search through the AG scheduler to try to find some activities
that they can attend.  And often it isn't obvious if it is a public
session, or details are sketchy as to who can participate, what the scope
is, etc.
So if your site is offering an event that might be of interest to summer
students, could you please drop me a line, give me the topic, brief
description of the scope, etc.  Or just a web site would be great....I can
compile a list if that would be helpful to others......

Cindy

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544