media tools (was Re: [AG-TECH] AccessGrid 3: What information is available)

Andrew Swan aswan at cs.berkeley.edu
Mon May 23 15:37:11 CDT 2005

Jimmy Miklavcic wrote:
> >For what its worth, mash vic (http://www.openmash.org/) already
> >has mpeg4 support via the xvid library.
> >
> If this is true, how does one go about activating it. I assume that mash
> vic is part of the MacOS AGtk.

I haven't looked closely at the ag macos distribution.  you need
to explictly enable xvid support when compiling mash (with the
--enable-xvid argument to the configure script).  i'm not sure
if the binaries in the ag distribution have this support built in
or not.  you can always build your own copy (instructions for
building are at http://www.openmash.org/developers/code.html,
but note that you'll have to use cvs to obtain the most up-to-date
source)

-Andrew