[AG-TECH] AccessGrid 3: What information is available

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri May 20 04:45:24 CDT 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Steve Smith wrote:

> Another is that the web-services/globus architecture is a poor match for
> the semantics of how we use AG; conceptually the AG is
> connection-oriented, but globus/WS is oriented towards transient
> connections.

I would have thought that the notifications, security, lifecycle management,
and statefulness of either GT3 or WSRF to work reasonably well for what we're
doing, although I don't claim to be an expert on the subject.

What are the specific weaknesses that you see with the current design (that
are due to the use of web services and globus)?

jh

--
"I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly
  reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the