[AG-TECH] Portable AG node

Whitson, William I. wiw at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 31 10:24:46 CST 2005

Natalia,

Since you're going to be moving your node a lot and lugging quite a bit
of equipment, you'll want a sturdy cart.  Jeff Schwab built a portable
node for us a couple of years ago and used a "Media Director" lectern
from Spectrum Industries - see

http://www.spectrumfurniture.com/prd/lvl3.cfm?prodline_id=13&cat_id=66&s
ubcat_id=89&subcat=195

It's rock-solid (and very heavy), has lockable doors (although we
installed hasps and padlocks for additional security), openings for
cables, and plenty of space to store equipment.  I'm attaching some
pictures of our PIG, affectionately called ArnoldZ, in action.

            Bill Whitson

            Rosen Center for Advanced Computing

            Information Technology at Purdue